Friday, April 4, 2008

Crazy Weather

The weather in Arkansas is usually unpredictable but this spring has been crazy. Warm and sunny one day, cold and rainy the next. We have had some incredible thunderstorms recently but last night took the cake. The day began as usual, cloudy in the morning but the sun started to peak out in the afternoon and it was very humid. So much so that when we went on a long walk with the kids, I was literally dripping with sweat. I went to my monthly girls night out get together at a friends house and the sky got gloomy looking but nothing out of the ordinary. The girls were just hanging out on the deck enjoying each others company and then the phone calls began. Chris, Kyndra's husband was the first to warn us to turn on the television because the weather was about to get scary. Sure enough, tornados were heading to Little Rock and then the sirens went off. I can't remember the last time I heard tornado sirens... it's been years. We decided that it was in our best interest to stay put rather than put ourselves in harms way and try to drive home so we grabbed the pizzas and wine and headed down to the basement. Luckily Eric had enough sense to get the kids and head down to our basement. We are so fortunate that the storm's path did not head our direction but it did hit very close to several friends neighborhood. A good friend of mine lives very close (within a couple of streets) from where the tornado hit and said it was the scariest night she has ever had. I am so thankful that nobody was seriously injured last night and that my friends Bethany and Ayasha's houses were not harmed! When things like that happen so quickly and without much warning, it makes you really appreciate everything you have... family, friends, home, etc... It also gives you a wake up call that life can change in an instant and it is so important to not take anything for granted. I am so blessed to be surrounded by such loving and caring people in my life and I know the Lord has put each friend and family member in my life to make me a better person and for that I am so grateful.

No comments:

My Sweet Angels

My Sweet Angels
Emery and Reed-July 2007

Emery

Emery
So sweet and innocent

A Night Out- Pam's Rehearsal Dinner

Emery and Mommy on the first day of school

About Me

Wife of Eric and proud mommy of Emery and Reed